Birdy & Co. are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all my clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us improve our standards.If you have a complaint, please contact our Mr.Birdy immediately with full details.
What will happen next?
1. We will record your complaint in our central register and open a file for this.
2. Within 5 working days of receiving your complaint, we will send you a letter acknowledging your complaint and asking you to confirm or explain the details. We will also let you know who will be dealing with your complaint and what will happen next.
3. We will then start to investigate your complaint. This may involve one or more of the following steps.
• If Mr Birdy acted for you, he will consider your complaint again and send you his detailed reply within ten working days of receipt of full details of your complaint.
• If someone else acted for you, he/she will be asked them within 1 day, to give Mr Birdy their reply to your complaint within ten working days of receipt of full details of your complaint.
• Mr Birdy will then examine their reply and the information in your complaint file and may also speak to the person who acted for you. He will do this within five working days of receiving their reply and the file.
• Mr. Birdy will then reply to your complaint within three working days thereafter or invite you to meet me and discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint.
4. Within two working days of the meeting Mr. Birdy will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions he may have agreed with you. If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, he will send you a detailed reply to your complaint. This will include his suggestions for resolving the matter. He will do this within five working days of completing my investigation.
5. At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you can let us know, in writing. Mr. Birdy will then either review his decision within five days or arrange for someone who is not connected with the complaint to review it within 10 working days of hearing from you.
6. Mr. Birdy will let you know the result of the review within five working days of the end of the review stating his final position on your complaint and explaining his reasons.
7. If you are still dissatisfied with the decision, you have a right to complain to the Legal Ombudsman, an independent complaints body, established under the Legal Services Act 2007, that deals with legal services complaints.
You have six months from the date of this (our final) letter in which to complain to the Legal Ombudsman.
PO Box 6806
Telephone: 0300 555 0333
Email address: email@example.com
Alternative complaints bodies (such as Ombudsman Services, Small Claims Mediation) exist which are competent to deal with complaints about legal services should both you and our firm wish to use such a scheme. We do not agree to use these services.
There may also be a right to object to the Bill by applying to the Court for an assessment of the Bill under Part III of the Solicitors Act 1974.
Whilst we endeavour to comply with the timescales given above if, for whatever reason, we need more time, we will inform you as soon as possible.
We hope that by the end of our complaints procedure, you will be satisfied with the outcome.